- short reports (1,000 - 1,500 words) on topics of prime current interest in education. There are a large variety of topics covered including teaching, learning, libraries, charter schools, special education, higher education, home schooling, and many more.
- targeted specifically for teachers, administrators, policymakers, and other practitioners, but generally useful to the broad educational community.
- designed to provide an overview of information on a given topic, plus references to items providing more detailed information.
- produced by the former 16 subject-specialized ERIC Clearinghouses, and reviewed by experts and content specialists in the field.
- funded by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), of the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- The full-text ERIC Digest database contains over 3000 Digests with the latest updates being added to this site in July 2005.
Yahoo.com helps in providing images, videos site, shopping site, news and research database. Moreover, it also provide site like news, music, movies, map, and business site. This site function as same like google.com in helping finding information but it have it's own site which combine all links to all site that we want to visit besides its search engine.
The differences between all of the is every search engine has their own way in helping the user in finding what they want. For yahoo.com and and Mamma.om, both helping the user in finding all sort of information from document, pictures to news. As for Google Scholar and Eric Digest, it helping the user in finding specific information in what the user want to find. Google Scholar helps in finding information about literature whereas Eric Digest is a site that goods for education field in finding information about helping teachers to teach in the class.
The similarities between all of the search engine are they help the user in finding what they want and helping in an easy way to locate certain information without needing to browse through the internet for hours just to find specific information about something. Google Scholar and Eric Digest have similarities in form of both helping in finding a certain information about literature world and specific information for educational method.